Parrot Online Mall

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Abia Guber: Otti, Ex-Diamond Bank Boss Dumps PDP, Picks APGA Nomination Forms


Former Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc and governorship aspirant in Abia State, Dr. Alex Otti yesterday dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and picked the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) nomination forms.

The move came less than two weeks after he picked the expression of interest and nomination forms of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the governorship contest.
Otti said his decision to join APGA was borne out of his strong beliefs in the party’s ideology and his determination to rescue Abia State from total collapse.
Addressing newsmen after his defection Otti said, "I have left the PDP and to me coming to APGA is like a home coming. I have always said APGA is not a political party but a religion for Nigerians. Some of you will recall that when our national leader died, we did everything to make sure that he was given a befitting burial. I was the chairman of the finance sub-committee.”
"I am very happy to be back home, we have a mission to take back our state and put it back on the part of progress and industrialisation. We have started that journey, we know that there are a whole lot we could do. When I look at Aba, I regret that I did not take this decision to serve my people before now. It is a great sacrifice for me to leave what I was doing until a few weeks ago. But it is not too late, we are here to win and win we must.”
Otti picked the APGA governorship nomination form after paying N2m for the expression of interest form and N10m for the nomination form at the APGA national headquarters in Abuja.
Responding, the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh has assured Otti and other aspirants on the party’s platform of a level-playing field, noting that the party was determined to win more seats in next year’s elections.
“I want to assure you that APGA is very happy to have you as a member, you are a distinguished Nigeria who have taken Diamond Bank to one of the most formidable banks in Nigeria.
"Coming to us to contest for the governorship of Abia is a huge relief as Abia needs a man that has the ability. We have been reading about the dilapidated state of infrastructure in the state and especially in Aba. I want to assure you that with you, APGA is close to the government house in Umuahia," Umeh said.

No comments:

Post a Comment